By Muslim Mirror Staff
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on the police for not registering a separate FIR on the complaint of Mohammad Nasir, who had lost one of his eyes during the Delhi pogrom in February 2020.
Nasir breathed a sigh of relief as the court passed the order in his favour after his long struggle for justice. ”I am happy that justice was served after one year of administrative exploitation,” he said in a phone interview with Muslim Mirror.
He said he has constantly been receiving threats from police officials. ”They have been asking me to withdraw the complaint or change my lawyer (Mahmood Pracha) or file a false complaint,” he added.
He further told MM that on 31 July 2020, the court had ordered the police to provide protection to him as he was receiving threats from various individuals. But no one from the police department came to see him for one year. On 8 July this year, some police officers visited him just to click photographs with him. ”They clicked photographs with me to tell the court that I was provided security,” he added.
Hearing Nasir’s plea on Monday, Additional Sessions Judge Vinod Yadav observed that the SHO Bhajanpura and other supervising officers have miserably failed in performing their statutory duties.
He further dismissed a criminal revision petition filed by SHO Bhajanpura challenging the order passed by Metropolitan Magistrate directing him to register a separate FIR on Nasir’s complaint within 24 hours of the order.
A written complaint was made to SHO Bhajanpura on 19 March last year wherein he had specifically named Naresh Tyagi, Subhash Tyagi, Uttam Tyagi, Sushil, Naresh Gaur and others as the assailants; however, no FIR was registered by the police.