By Muslm Mirror Special Correspondent
New Delhi: Prominent Muslim and Christian leaders expressed shocked and solidarity with the blast victims who were killed on Sunday in a deadly serial suicide bombing in Sri Lanka. They condemned the attack in the strongest possible terms described it as the act of devilish forces.
At joint press conference in the Constitution Club here, Muslim and Christian religious leaders expressed solidarity with terror victims in Sri Lanka. They condemned the most ghastly serial bomb blasts in Sri Lanka’s Churches and hotels on the Easter Sunday. They dubbed terrorists as anti-human, anti-God and anti-civilization and incarnation of most heinous and devilish forces on the earth.
Maulana Mahmood Madani, General Secretary Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind(M) said that we condemn this dastardly act without ifs and buts. It is not a time to blame each other but it is time to express solidarity with the victims and help to enable them to rid out of this trauma. He also expressed his intention to form a delegation of Indian Muslim leaders and other Social and political leaders who should visit the victims in Sri Lanka and assess possibilities to help them.
On this occasion, Christian leader Father Flex, Father A. C Michal and Father Abraham thanked Muslim leaders to express solidarity with their community in this most testing hour. DrZafarul Islam Khan, Dr. JhonDayal, Navaid Hamid, Nusrat Ali of JamaateIslami Hind, Shia scholar Maulana MohinTaqvi also addressed the press.
All the leaders unanimously passed a resolution that read as follows:
“The most ghastly serial bomb blasts in Sri Lanka’s Churches and hotels on the Easter Sunday has shocked the entire civilized society all over the world. We, the peace-loving people, drawn from all faiths and communities condemn unequivocally the dastardly act with no ifs and buts. The persons and the groups responsible for the serials blasts are anti-human, anti-God and anti-civilization. They are incarnation of most heinous and devilish forces on the earth. To associate them with any faith would be most sacrilegious to the faith itself. Therefore, the people of all faiths must disown and condemn such barbarous individuals and groups. It is our duty that we must expose them and banish them from the civilized society.
(1) The terrorist attacks become all the more gruesome if launched under the garb of religious and holy mission. Besides causing great loss of innocent lives, the very peace and harmony is destroyed. It is the prime most duty of all faith leaders to stand up and use all resources at their hands to cleanse the society of this most heinous evil.
(2) Attacks on religious places and during religious festivals such as Easter are perpetrated with design to cause divide between people of various faiths and communities. Therefore we feel it all the more necessary that we stand together with our Christian brothers everywhere and assure them that we share their sorrows and pains and express our solidarity with them.
(3) We appeal to the government and law-enforcement agencies all over the world to be more vigilant and take effective precautionary measures making it impossible for any terrorist groups to play havoc with the life and property of civil society anywhere.
(4) Sri Lanka being our closest neighbour , we are ready with offer of help to enable the victims to get over the unprecedented crisis in their lives. We propose to depute high level delegation of various faiths to Sri Lanka to explore the possibilities of cooperation and also to offer our sincere condolence to the bereaved families.
We hope that Sri Lankan Government will properly enquire the matter and stern action will be taken against those who are guilty.
(5) We sincerely hope that media and peace-loving citizens of this country will extend their fullest cooperation for our endeavor against terrorism. We express our resolve to continue our struggle against terrorism and for global peace. We appeal to everyone irrespective of their religion, caste and creed to come forward for saving the humanity and maintaining social harmony and peace.”