By Muslim Mirror Staff
Former Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik has demanded a Supreme Court-supervised investigation into the Pulwama terror attack that claimed the lives of 40 CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) jawans in February 2019. Malik, a prominent political figure, accused the Narendra Modi government of failing to acknowledge its mistakes that allegedly led to the incident.
Addressing the media at the Press Club of India, Satya Pal Malik criticized the Prime Minister and his government for maintaining a veil of silence surrounding the Pulwama attack. He asserted that serious questions remain unanswered and highlighted a crucial issue: the lack of preparedness in the face of intelligence reports warning of a potential terrorist strike.
“I demand Supreme Court-monitored investigations into the Pulwama terror attack in which our 40 troops were martyred. So far, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his government have maintained a deafening silence on the tragedy and have failed to own up to the glaring lapses that led to the killings,” Telegraph quoted Malik as having said.
Malik said, “I demand a Supreme Court-supervised inquiry into the Pulwama terror attack in which 40 of our soldiers were martyred.” He went on to explain, “Despite multiple intelligence reports of a possible terrorist attack, the government did not provide aircraft for the CRPF jawans to travel. If the plane was available, the soldiers would not have been martyred.”
These recent remarks by Malik echo statements he made in an interview with “The Wire News Portal” on April 14, where he squarely laid the blame for the 2019 Pulwama carnage on the Centre’s alleged errors and oversights.
“I told it to the Prime Minister in the evening that this has happened due to our fault. Had we given the aircraft, this wouldn’t have happened. To which he told me that I should keep quiet now,” Malik had said, adding that NSO Ajit Doval had also said this to him.
On Wednesday, he adopted a more straightforward manner and seemed to suggest that Modi was responsible for politicizing the fatalities.
“Modi had politicised the killings of 40 CRPF soldiers and the IAF strikes in Balakot during the Lok Sabha polls and had even asked first-time voters to dedicate their vote to the valiant soldiers who carried out the air strike in Balakot,” Malik said.
“It has been over four years since then, but the Modi government has failed to fix accountability. Winning elections is his only priority. The people of this country need to remain alert that similar attacks can happen this time too before the parliamentary polls,” Malik added.