Mosque attacked twice in 2 weeks in Germany’s southwest

Fatih Mosque, run by the Turkish-Muslim umbrella group DITIB, was first attacked on Dec. 18

COLOGNE, Germany: A mosque in Germany’s southwestern Baden-Wurttemberg city on Friday was attacked for the second time in two weeks, according to an official.

In the early hours of New Year’s Day, Fatih Mosque in the town of Sontheim came under attack causing material damage, said Ali Ozdemir, the chairman of the mosque’s foundation.

The window and a wooden bank outside the mosque, run by the Turkish-Muslim umbrella group DITIB, were broken, Ozdemir said.

“In the recent two weeks, this has been the second attack on our mosque,” Ozdemir said, adding that the community of the mosque and foundation’s members are worried.

He said information has been shared with the police who launched an investigation into the incident.

Earlier in another act of vandalism, a cross was drawn on the wall of the mosque.

–AA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.